Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2009 already???!!

Okay, I've taken a long break...something like a year from actually writing anything in this blog. So now that I have no readers left :-) I guess I'll see what happens for now.

Seeding started yesterday. It's been a cool spring (dismal and gray and still freezing a little at night) and not too many nice days but the sun is actually shining today! I think I may even go outside and tackle some weeds - haven't even felt the slightest inclination up 'til now. R8 is out in the seeder with Dad and P5 is at home telling me he's made a grass invention that should give us new grass in about 4 years - more or less - made out of some old motor partsand stuck in a bare patch in our lawn. I should plant some seed around it and let him see his invention 'working'....on the other hand, do I really want to encourage motors being stuck in my lawn ?!!

The highlights of my year: I finished my Berklee College of Music Arranging Certificate a few weeks ago and that's been a major part of my time commitment for almost two years now. And this past year has been my first without music students (well I did have a couple) but it's been quite the different year. This is my first spring in something like 10 years that I'm not working like crazy getting a recital organized and students prepared. Not that I haven't got lots on the go but it's nice to enjoy the yard this year!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a pleasant surprise to see you back in my Bloglines this morning!

CONGRATULATIONS on your music accomplishment! :-)

Love the invention.

Hope your planting goes WELL this year!

Love you,

Andrea said...

Thanks my friend :-)