Friday, March 07, 2008

Day 2

I really like muesli - the soft porridge kind! I had it every morning we were at Hotel Klosterpforte and I have a couple of recipes for it from the internet. I always put lots of flax and sunflower seeds on top and put a dollop of yogourt and some fruit alongside it...Mmmm!

So this was the day of tours. We toured the main factory and had a great lunch there... We put on lots of miles that day as we kept up with our tour guide through very impressive manufacturing and technology. Here's the massive area with all the machines that have been sold and are just waiting to ship out!



And here's our entire group. We numbered around 30 from Saskatchewan and Alberta.


And then it was off for dinner at a Brauhaus. They served a huge portion of pork served on the bone along with lots of sauerkraut, potatoes and of course beer. Now, I've only tried the taste of beer once and didn't like it but I found myself not minding a little dark beer with dinner - it was fun to have what felt like a very authentic German meal. It's traditional to have one glass of beer and then one shot of schnapps to finish the meal with according to our tour guide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay... We have to talk.. About that beer! LOL I've only smelled it!

Sounds like lots of great adventures. I am so glad you are writing about it. You'll have to make sure you print and save your trip notes/pics, too.

How did the boys make out?

Andrea said...

It was an adventure to try new things... *grin*

The boys did great and seemed more well-adjusted than I expected so that's great. It's taking a little while for them to adjust to our 'normal' routine though - I have a feeling they got away with lots while we were gone - so we weren't the only ones having a little holiday :-)

I don't usually scrapbook but I think I will do one for this trip. That'll be a fun project!