Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Saturday morning, R8 asked me to take him to town so he could get me something for Mother's Day - to be honest I didn't really feel like making the extra trip but how could I say no to that?

It's become a tradition for us that when the boys want to shop for me, we go to a local gift shop - Et Cetera - because it really is easy to find so many things I like there and because they have the nicest staff. So I went in with the boys to help them with some ideas. We let the gal working there know what we were up to and she was more than willing to let me sit outside the store and help the boys make a final choice and pay for their purchases. I love how special the whole thing is - from the reactions of other customers who find it so sweet - from the gal helping the boys thanking me for bringing my boys in to shop - from the look of pride on their faces when they came out with beautifully wrapped gifts - from the excitement in the morning when they couldn't wait for me to open up the gifts and enjoy my surprise. Didn't they do well? They both picked something totally different than any suggestions I made. R8 has been buying me angels for a couple of years now and that collection is very precious to my heart. P5 picked the necklace - he loves glitter and I think he was hoping I'd give him the little purple box (which I did).

Maybe you can tell that I count myself the luckiest Mom alive :-)

1 comment:

Twila said...

So sweet!
You positively are!