Monday, May 05, 2008

It's been a long time...

So much for keeping this blog up to date. Life has felt a little more than hectic lately and here are some of the reasons:

I had students entering the music festival over three weeks in April. It was R7's first year and he did quite well - he was a funny little guy - really cute in a dress shirt and tie with jeans.

The six weeks before seeding always seem a little crazy - kind of like painting wouldn't be a big job if the preparation wasn't so involved.

And I was involved in two different Bible studies - one with quite intensive "homework" - incredible study though! And they just wrapped up last week.

And now it's time for our end of the year music recital and that's been a heap of work too. That's coming up Friday evening and then music lessons are done for the year.

One of the special things I got to do was go to Saskatoon for "Phantom of the Opera" with two girlfriends. We had a really good day and it was a great show - very moving!

And then a week later I went to Regina with one of my former students to accompany her on piano as she auditioned at the Globe Theater. Rory came along with us and we had a good day - I hope she gets a good response back.

We had our AWANA closing and awards ceremony last night - P4 finished Cubbies and will be a Sparky next year. R7 finished Sparkies and will be moving to Truth and .... (I forget *grin*) So they both received nice awards and had to quote some scripture in the program.

And I'm busy working on a major project for my "Arranging 2" music course. This one is about writing for horns - trumpet, saxes, trombone in particular. I've been working on an arrangement of Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" that also includes drums, bass, piano with the horns. It's exciting....but it's also eating up lots of 'free' time.

But things aren't likely to get less busy even though some things are coming to an end. Ladger's getting into the swing of seeding and things are starting to move in that area.

R7 is playing baseball two days a week and P4 is playing soccer on another day - so that's going to be lots of traveling to town for the next few weeks.

And I've barely begun to start work on the yard...and that's going to start getting urgent as time for planting the garden gets closer.

So I will try to not let so much time pass until the next post but...I'd better not promise anything either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound "so" like a homeschooling mother - writing about your busy life and not even mentioning the schooling!

Sounds like so many things are keeping you busy (and happy).

I am so amazed at how you can fit in a course that involves writing for horns! Wow.

*Truth and Training ;-)

Love ya,
Carol

Andrea said...

Ha - the schooling is usually the 'unbusy' time in my day :-)