Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Greetings from Germany...

I`m writing from a confessional at a monastery in Germany. The whole place with all of its buildings have been restored as a hotel resort and this beautifully carved confessional booth has been set up in the lobby as their public internet access for their guests - really neat!

So far most of our trip has consisted of tours of various factories, etc of the Claas company which is the company that builds the combine we are using in our farm operation. It has been impressive and informative and this is our last night in this area of Germany. Tomorrow we head south for a couple of more typical tourist type of days.

This morning was open for the ladies and so I chose to rent a bicycle and off I went for two and a half hours. I did get a little lost but it was an adventure that I won`t forget. I saw much of the countryside and even stopped for a coffee and danish at a little bakery. Germany has bicycle paths everywhere and so it was a pleasure- especially coming from a rural area that has gravel roads...let alone paved bicycle trails! And I took lots of pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW! I never expected you to update while you were away. It sounds so cool! "confessional at a monastery" That took a double take! LOL ENJOY!!!