Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Are you up for a little philosophy?

If anyone thinks people of faith aren't thinking people, they ought to try reading someone like Alvin Plantinga. I enjoy the challenge of trying to understand his philosophical arguments.

One thing is for sure: Understanding the different philosophies are important because they are what shapes whole generations of thinking. And we've got a whole generation of young people who have a hard time reconciling faith to their philosophy and the world views so prevelant today...and many time it's faith that seems to get booted to the curb.

So I thought I'd share a few things I'm learning along the way. Any maybe by sharing it with you, it'll clarify my own understanding.

The book I'm reading is actually a written debate between Alvin Plantinga and Michael Tooley titled "Knowledge of God".

So, I'll post as I go along and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi, drop by anytime!