Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Messy Corner
























We have an office but here is where L prefers to work... at the kitchen table. And it's almost always messy...no wonder P4 is grimacing!

Actually, it's been me doing most of the grimacing and so getting close to our 11th anniversary, I finally realized something. This will probably always be where L will do his office work and we need a solution. I don't know why I've continued holding out the hope that he'd use the office instead. I guess it takes me awhile......

So IKEA has come to the rescue! I love it. The cabinet is L's. The cleaned up corner is mine to enjoy.


We've had eleven good years and looking forward to the years to come.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Carol said...

Neato! Big job done! But it looks like there was more stuff in the first picture. Does he need that stuff too?

Andrea said...

Hi Carol, there were a few things I put away in the office and I put the CD's in the living room. But most everything that you see there in that first picture is now in the cabinet. We get so many farm magazines, newspapers and information, it takes forever for Ladger to get through it all and it just keeps piling up. But he really wanted a space to keep handy the materials he's currently reading plus his 'to do' pile, etc. What he can't fit in the cabinet either goes in the paper recycle bin or stored in the office. He's got pretty much a whole bookcase there too. The problem was that he wasn't keeping it there. *grin*

Carol said...

Good thinking... and it does look lovely... especially the top.

Carol said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carol said...

And now...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope you have a great day and all your boys treat you extra special!

Love,
Carol

Andrea said...

Thanks Carol!! I'm spending lots of my day today reading - actually re-reading some previous HP books to draw out the anticipation of finally getting to read the final one.

Carol said...

So, what's up?

G~ said...

very cool, andrea! i absolutely LOVE your wall treatment. green is SO my favorite color and i love adding texture the way you have done.

the cabinet is so pretty! now, if ladger will put his stuff back in there? hmm?

lol! at least for me, that would be the real test.

blessings!