Saturday, October 07, 2006

Odds and Ends

WE ARE COMPLETELY DONE HARVEST! I thought it would never end. And as harvest overlapped with my music lessons starting up again, I was feeling lots of pressure over the last couple of weeks. (Plus I was leading worship). So now, harvest is done; lessons have started and I'm finally feeling like life is getting back to a pace that can be handled.

Tomorrow, I'm teaching Rory's Sunday School Class and I have to slip out to play the piano for the offertory (piano/violin duet). We're playing "His Eye is on the Sparrow".

The boys are in the tub. It's really funny listening to them. Paxton makes such a good audience for Rory - willingly laughing at all his goofing around.

My first day at school was neat - Rory popped in to say 'hi' a couple of times during the day. As I was bringing in my guitars I was stopped by a student who stopped me to tell me that Rory was a 'crazy guy'. I think he meant it as a compliment. And then as I picked up one girl from her class - I heard several say "That's Rory's Mom".

4 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

It's so good to hear that you're doing well and harvest is done! Now you can fully enjoy the season!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I know the relief you must feel having harvest done. When it gets really late, it's like a cloud over you the whole time. Let the sun shine on!

Julia

Andrea said...

Thanks gals! Or in a farmer's way of looking at it - "Let it rain!" Now the rain is welcome as we anticipate the next year :-)

And it has been rainy. And it's nice to be able to enjoy it.

Saija said...

well i'm glad it didn't snow again, to stall the harvesting! sheesh, eh!

sounds like life is still good over there ...

blessings!