Monday, March 26, 2007

I love spring....I'm just not ready for it....

This past week has been a little tougher than I'd have liked. The suddeness of spring always seems to get me - like a deer caught in the headlights. Within one day the sleepy routine of winter is over and all of a sudden Ladger's time is completely absorbed in preparing for seeding. He's been cleaning seed and most evenings he doesn't come in until bedtime and I'm on my own. Add to that the music festival, teaching music, preparing for leading worship and I was busy. But I'm starting to adjust to the new demands of spring and just as I do, the week is forecasting rain and I look at the window and it's actually snowing. That will put a halt to things for Ladger for a few days.

4 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

And a few more days to cook soup! :)
I'm always a little sad when the warmth of spring comes, because I love soup so much. And it's just better in the fall and winter.
I hope you've had a slower week!

Andrea said...

Now that's one thing I've got to try more often. I haven't made many soups from scratch and I don't know why I don't. They are so good but I guess that I have to have hearty ones or else my husband doesn't think it's a meal *grin*. I've actually got a soup going today but it's a pre-bought mix with lentils and barley - yummmm!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

My best soup (well, it's stew) is beef based: stew meat, carrots chunked up, potatoes chunked up, some beef broth, any old spice you want, and just cook the life out of it - or into it, actually - in the crockpot!
Throw out some soft rolls or homemeade bread and mmmmmmmmmm.

Andrea said...

Okay, if I can't do that, I should just get out of the kitchen *grin* Sounds good, Elise and thanks for sharing!