Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Do you wonder why I have "Perhaps Love" playing?

Is it because I truly love that song and want to make certain you all get to hear it? Or is it because I've been asked to sing it at a wedding and need to learn it and thought this might be a good way? If you guess the latter, you'd be correct. I ordered a John Denver collection of songs and will probably take it off my blog soon.

BTW, I do like the song - but maybe not so much that I want it playing every time I turn on the computer.

So what am I busy with these days. Yep, I'm busy because I barely ever spend time on the computer any more - which is probably a good thing for the most part.

Today Rory is off to Kindergarten and I've had a good morning with Paxton - reading, fun little mazes for pencil control and some paper crafts.

This year has been a good one for homeschooling - Rory's doing addition up to 10+10 and has now started substraction. He's reading quite well already - I found the perfect Bible for him - he can read it easily and is enjoying it. He loves history - we've been doing a combination of Mystery of History and Story of the World. The other day we made volcanos in the dirt outside because we were studying the story of ancient Myceneans and how historians believe a volcano wiped out their civilization. It was really fun to see the reaction of the boys watching vinegar hitting baking soda.

It's amazing how well he's done considering he's in Kindergarten every other day. We are looking forward to homeschooling full time next year - it will be so much easier to keep a consistency and flow.

No comments: