Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday!

I admit it. I'm not fond of pondering death. I would rather skip by Good Friday and get straight to Easter. But without Jesus' death there would not be hope for a single person on this earth. Without it, there would be no way of approaching God for forgiveness, for deliverance, for relationship. There'd be no room for optimism, no place for hope to root and grow. Faith in anything would become meaningless and grace unheard of. Many in this world may not acknowledge what Jesus has done for each of us, but they live with the blessings of it every day. May your Good Friday be a time to reflect on the only One who ever could die for us and truly bridge the gap to our Father God.

Today would be a good day to work on the classic song "Because He Lives". I know Praise Charts has an updated version but I'd like to give it a go and see if I can give it a little face lift of my own for our worship team in a couple of weeks. And then it's off to Ladger's parents for dinner.

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I love the statement that many do not acknowledge Him, but yet they still live with the blessings of what He has done. So true.
Wonderful words to ponder - I hope you had a blessed Easter!