Sunday, January 09, 2005

Precious thoughts

There was some great food for thought in today's sermon. Pastor John said something like:
"The cross labels sin as evil and abhorrent to God but it labels people as
precious to Him."

But we can become so clever at rejecting people in a way that 'seems acceptable'. We are masters of avoiding people we don't like or being conveniently pre-occupied with something when we are nearby. We've got indifference down to a science. After all who expects us to like everyone?!! But the message of rejection comes through all the same. We so easily give the message that people don't matter to us and that we can get along just fine without them.


Certainly I have felt the sting of rejection and know how devastating it can be. I just read this account of a young person's rejection a few days ago. And I know most people have stories of rejection in one form or another. What a tragedy it is to treat each other in such a way!

Certainly there is nothing of Christ in it. If I seek to be like Him then I must become aware of the times I do not treat those who are precious to Him as I ought to. Do people walk away from being with me having a stronger sense that they are lovable, worthy and precious? Or just the opposite?

Dear Father, help me see people as you see them. Forgive me for the times I
give a messge of rejection to people for whom you gave everything...your Son's life.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Want 700 credit score

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »