Monday, March 15, 2004

I've just applied to a program for preschoolers for both Rory and Paxton. If Ladger and I are accepted, we will be receiving a pile of books for them and will be starting the program next week. Studies are finding out more and more how important those early years are in the formation of the brain. This program is called 'Project Headstart' and introduces preschoolers to math, phonetics, history, science, music, etc. I'm really looking forward to this, especially as I've been researching homeschooling lately. This will give me a great start in that direction.

I downloaded a demo of a music software that I'm planning to purchase and ,wow, do I have lots to learn! I can't wait until I've got a grasp of the program and what I can do with it.

Yesterday, we had some friends come over for a visit. I give voice lessons to their little girl. The mom told me yesterday that those lessons were worth every penny because her daughter is having a hard time in school (I'm not sure why - she's a real bright kid) and that she came home bubbling over with enthusiasm after her voice lesson that day. How special it is to know that I can have a positive effect in the lives of these kids!

No comments: