Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve
This evening I've been asked to sing El Shaddai (Michael Card and John Thompson)
El Shaddai, El Shaddai (Almighty God)
El Elyon Na Adonai (God in the highest, Lord)
Age to Age you're still the same
By the power of the name
El Shaddai, El Shaddai
Er Kam Ka Na Adonai (I will have compassion on You Lord)
We will praise and lift You high
El Shaddai
Through your love and through the ram
You saved the son of Abraham
Through the power of your hand
You turned the sea into dry land
To the outcast on her knees,
You were the God who really sees
And by your might
You set Your children free
Through the years You made it clear
That the time of Christ was near
Though the people couldn't see
What Messiah ought to be
Though Your Word contained the plan
They just could not understand
Your most awesome work was done
Through the frailty of Your Son
Two phrases stand out to me: "I will have compassion on You Lord "(as one source interprets the phrase Er kam ka na adonai). Are our hearts tender with compassion at the thought of all that God did in coming to this earth as a newborn baby knowing His purpose was to give His life up for us?
"To the outcast on her knees, You were the God who really sees"
I love how God loves the unlovely (which is actually each one of us); He knows us completely and still loves us so much!
If you think of it, pray for me so that I forget about my own insecurities in singing in front of people and be able to worship God wholeheartedly this evening :-)
Merry Christmas to each one of you!