Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Blessings!

Sunday night was our Christmas music postcard to the community. I was involved in a piano, violin and keyboard (trombone) trio medley of Handel's For Unto Us A Child Is Given and Joy to the World. That was an exciting challenge that went well. But the highlight was when one of my students introduced me as his accompanist, voice teacher and friend. There was a collective 'awwww' from the audience and truly I was touched - pretty special coming from a teenager guy. A few weeks ago he auditioned to sing for Kinsmen's Telemiracle which is a pretty big deal in Saskatchewan.....and made it! It's my privilege to be part of it by playing piano for him.

And there was one other performance in which I had a hard time keeping quiet in my seat. I've been working with one girl since last year and when we started she had trouble keeping her pitch. She got a solo part in the Christmas play and we worked at it for a few weeks in our lessons. She hit every note perfectly and it was beautiful. My heart sings when I think of it.

There are others I could speak of who are excelling, each in their own unique way. And every accomplishment brings me incredible joy. Can a person be more blessed than that?

No comments: