Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Empty Tomb, the Hunt and the Nile River

Happy Belated Easter to everyone! I invited Ladger's folks over for dinner on Sunday (noon meal) and then was asked to help out on the worship team. That meant I had to have the house 'company ready' Saturday evening, get up at 6:00 am Sunday morning to prepare the dinner and make it to a 8:30 am practice. And then speed the children out of church so the potatoes wouldn't get overdone. Oh and I had to also prepare the treasure hunt Saturday evening as well and then do the hiding after lunch was done. We decided to do toys instead of candy (Grandma usually gives plenty of candy anyway). And I wrote out clues for this treasure hunt and Rory did a great job reading them and figuring them out. I think it surprised Grandpa who was helping him.

I was exhausted when all was said and done and so yesterday was a recovery day for me - about all I managed to do was Rory's schooling. We did do a project - making a model of the Nile River and planting grass seed along the banks and then 'flooding' the river to make the crops grow. We should have some grass sprouting in a few days.

But the best part of Easter this year for me was Saturday evening when I took the time out from housecleaning to watch the Passion play aired on the Miracle TV station with the boys. Rory had so many questions as we watched and it was a really special time of remembering what Easter is all about. He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!!

No comments: