Friday, April 28, 2006

What's your guess?

Here's our latest purchase. Can you guess what it is or what it's for? Please leave your guess in the comments. Posted by Picasa

Just a little more about this machine: It is one that Ladger has been wanting for as long as I've known him but he felt it was necessary this year in particular because of the flash flood we had last spring. I'm thankful that this is not our seeder or cultivator as we'd be on the field for a veeerrrrryyyyy long time as it's only a few feet wide.

Thanks for your guesses - it was fun! I certainly wouldn't have had a clue what this was but it's called a Rock Picker and that's exactly what it does. The middle part rotates around and drags rocks into its interior. Too bad it isn't small enough to do my garden *grin*

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making rows in the dirt? Heh - can you tell I'm NOT a farm girl! Is that called tilling?

Anonymous said...

My guess is a seeder after reading your previous post. The spikes drill the seeds in??

Hope it all goes ok.

Joe said...

Hum... it's not a cultervater? :-) Have a good weekend girl!

M+ said...

In spite of the fact that my mother grew up on a farm, and I had two uncles recently retire from farming, I have no idea what that infernal contraption is. But I'd be willing to bet that it's either for tilling or seeding or some combination of both.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... is if for scooping up flood debri? Or, straightening up plants after a flood has flattened them?

Otherwise, I have no idea what it is. Please tell!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea, but I am glad to hear the seeding is going well. I hope you are blessed with the best crops ever.

Yesterday, our guys enjoyed the low tide at the river, and could have easily driven the four-wheeler up to your old house along the "sandy" shore.

Anonymous said...

Manure spreader!

Lambrick staff said...

"I need to read the entire blog before commenting". That will be my 100 lines on the chalk board today. My second guess was a rock picker. Bin der done dat!

Anonymous said...

Cack! That "Lambrick" was me. That another reason I should rush my commenting. Hopefully, if nothing else, I've given you a chuckle this morning. this is what I get for reading blogs when I get into work on a MOnday morning. :-)

Islandsparrow said...

I never would have guessed! I don't think I've seen any of those machines in our farming community.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I can see that now. Anyway, I hope you don't get any more floods.
Arrgh... the suspense was terrible :)

Andrea said...

*grin* Thanks for the laughs guys!

Anonymous said...

LOL But you already HAVE two little rock pickers!!

Andrea said...

Too true, Carol. ROFL!

Andrea said...

Welcome Gracie! Isn't it funny what sticks out in our minds as 'fun' memories? Still, I'm glad we got the machine :-)