Friday, June 30, 2006

If I were a rich man....dadadadadada!


I felt so rich this morning picking this berries. Money can't buy the things I have in this life. No strawberry bought in a store can rival these for taste and I just get to go out and pick them in my backyard. There are so many that I didn't even touch half my patch and I still have more than enough. Actually, I picked these for a baby shower I'm hosting tonight for a gal at our church who just had a baby boy. We're having a fondue and we'll certainly have lots of strawberries among other things. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Amie said...

They look delicious! I agree, strawberries in the store don't compete. My grandparents grew strawberries when I was growing up, and I have never been satisfied with strawberries from the store since.

I hope the baby shower goes great, i'm sure it will :D

Islandsparrow said...

Yummy!! We're in strawberry season as well - and they are delicious! Do you make jam? I put up tons!!

Andrea said...

Hi Amie - the shower went really well - we had perfect weather and a nice turnout!

Hi Islandsparrow - I'm thinking I'll definitely have to - do you have a good recipe you'd like to share?

Pilot Mom said...

How beautiful!! So luscious and scrumptous looking. Yes, indeedy, you are very rich. I can taste those berries right now!! :)