Friday, December 22, 2006

I woke up at 6am this morning and not a creature was stirring. Aha! I could cozy up on the couch and do a little reading. But there on the couch I just about sat on my three year old. He's fast asleep, curled up in a ball. I hope he's feeling OK but I'm half expecting he could break out with chicken pox any day. I'm almost hoping he does before Christmas so we'll have a clear answer as to whether we ought to go to Ladger's parents place for part of the day as we usually do.

Rory's chicken pox is healing up nicely - I was happy with how it went. He didn't have too much discomfort and that was a blessing. Yesterday, Ladger stayed with the boys while I went to the school to give music lessons. It was the last full day of school for the kids and there was definitely excitment in the air.

Speaking of excitement - our order from IKEA just came in. We finally are upgrading to a queen size bed! I don't know why it took us so long but the double size was tolerable and we got used to it - but I can't wait for the extra room!!!! Plus a new leather chair and ottoman for either our bedroom or living room - depending on where it works out best.

Unfortunately, I think Ladger's parents are planning on going to town in the half ton today leaving us only the car. And this is the last day we can pick it up before Christmas. Oh well. We've been married for ten years - I guess we can manage for another few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys just went through chicken pox this summer - actually, the girl, too. Corban, who got if first, had a very mild case, as well as the baby, because of my immunity, but Micah, who got it second, had a really rough time. My mama says it's usually hardest the longer they take to catch it - because they're constantly around the one who got it first!
I hope your little guy doesn't get it too badly!
I'll be praying for you - would it be good or bad if you missed going to your in-laws on Christmas? Perhaps a cozy family Christmas at home with just you?

Andrea said...

I've heard that it can be worse for the second child as well - we've been trying to keep his exposure limited. Thanks for the prayers - always so welcome. And as far as going to the in-laws - it's not huge to me either way but I will enjoy the change this year -we may enjoy the slower pace so much, we'll make it a new family tradition :-)