Sunday, December 31, 2006

Round Two

Paxton broke out with the chicken pox yesterday - two weeks to the day that Rory had them. And it looks like he's getting more of them. Poor guy! So this morning, Ladger and Rory went to church and Paxton and I watched cartoons. And I'm in serious need of a cartoon break so here I am.



I received two new books this Christmas - Max Lucado's "Cure for the Common Life" and Joanna Weaver's "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World". Few things are so exciting to me as a couple of new books to read. I just started reading Lucado's book and came across the quote I found on a decorative tile that's hanging right beside my sink.

"God sanctifies each day. He conducts holy business at all hours and in all
places. He uncommons the common by turning kitchen sinks into shrines, cafes
into convents, and nine-to-five workdays into spiritual adventures."


What a thought - today can be all about doing God's business as I care for my itchy, sometimes cranky three year old. I think I'm even ready to go sit in on a few more cartoons. *grin*

2 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, poor little guy! Powder some whole oats in your food processer and dump a cup or two in the bathtub - my boys loved it!
Thank you, God, for theologians who pass on their inspiration to us for moments exactly like these.

Andrea said...

Hi Elise, I have some left over ground-up oats from the bout with Rory but Paxton's not so fond of a bath... I too love little bits of inspiring thoughts in the every day moments of life.