Saturday, January 06, 2007

My prayer this morning...

I've been working at having a Mary heart in the business of a Martha week. That is, I can get so busy preparing for our worship team on top of all the regular things I have to do that I can neglect spending time with the One who is the reason we worship in the first place. I'm also working at not getting tense about all the details coming together, especially when practices don't work out or some of the team has to cancel out and that kind of thing.

So today it's time to put away the music and pull out my Bible for some serious Mary time.

May 0ur worship be about You alone. Not about the notes. Not about the musicians. Not about the harmonies. Not about the rhythm. Not about us at all. But we offer all we do and all we are and ask that we be empowered by Your Spirit to move us all into an awareness of Your presence and filled with an awe as we proclaim your glory.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Amen!

How easy it is to substitute work for worship. May we be like Mary and choose that "one thing" which shall not be taken away from us.

Btw, I've thankfully rediscovered your blog (my computer crashed and I lost my favorites).

May the joy of our Lord be your strength in 2007.

Love in Christ,
Linda