Monday, February 23, 2004

I really get a kick out of Rory sometimes - today he was calling Paxton 'sweetie' and it just sounded hilarious!! He also calls him a 'cute guy' and sometimes a 'crazy guy'. It always makes my heart smile when I see the two of them enjoying each other.

Of course I get the other too - where they don't exactly enjoy each other's company. Usually it's Paxton getting in Rory's way. Paxton is so persistent (a characteristic I'm sure will be a good thing when he's ....say, 30 years old or so).

We had a peaceful day today which is good because last night was a little troublesome. Lately, Rory has decided he doesn't want to stay in bed. He comes to our room and says he is either 'mad' or 'sad' (the only two emotions he seems to know). And so I ask him to explain how he feels but I really think it's just a way to prolong the bedtime thing a bit!!! And then Paxton was awake and fussing at 2:00am. So he ended up in bed with us. Everytime that happens, I end up on the couch because I can't sleep. But Ladger didn't know I was gone and at 6:00 am, Paxton fell out of bed from my side. So that was the end of sleeping for me. It's a good thing those kinds of nights are rare!!

No comments: