Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Today is an office day. The kids are with Ladger's mom for the day and I have most of the day to dive in and get things organized. A big part of my job is to pack up last year's financial papers for the farm (I've already sent the accountant what he needs for income tax purposes). And then I've got to start computer entries for this year and file, file, file. And if I have any time left over, it's high time to get our personal papers in order to make income tax filing as easy as can be.

Ladger is in the shop setting up his new seed cleaner. He's putting a wheel base on it so he can move it from bin to bin. And then he has to set up a couple of augers for it and then he'll be anxious to start cleaning seed so he'll be ready in plenty of time for spring. Seasons can be so deceiving. We feel we are in the dead of winter here and yet it can change so fast and catch one off guard. It's hard to believe we could be seeding in 6-8 weeks. I'm guessing it won't be that soon but one never knows! Ideally, Ladger would like to start by the middle of April. It all depends on what the weather does.

No comments: