Saturday, February 21, 2004

Last evening was our splurge club. We are a group of 12 ladies who get together every month. Each time we each bring $25 and one name is drawn and that person gets $300 and becomes the host for the next month - kind of a glorified savings plan. The idea is then to have this chunk of money to 'splurge' on yourself. If I get too 'philosophical', I don't really like some things about it. I don't like any group that is exclusive and this one is by its nature - you're either part of it or not a part of it - not something that is open to anyone. And the whole idea of splurging on oneself is one I have trouble with - partly because I already 'splurge' on myself a fair bit and don't really need to do more and I do not find that idea anywhere in Scripture.

But, I absolutely love getting together with this group of ladies - it's a ton of fun. And it's meeting a need that I do have - social interaction with other ladies. I'm starting to get to know some of these gals much better - most are from our church in town but live out of town like me.

Ladger looks after the boys when I'm gone and usually everyone is still awake when I get home so I make a point of not being too late coming home. Sure enough last night at a quarter to 11, everyone was up when I got in. So I sent Ladger to bed No, he wasn't sick just tired :-) And then I put the boys to bed.

No comments: