Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It's a Beauty...



Yesterday I 'blessed my home' (to borrow from FLylady). Today it looks as if a whirlwind caught us all off guard. How does that happen in one day?!! Yesterday I spent the afternoon digging potatoes, onions, carrots, etc from our garden. I guess that's part of the answer. I didn't do 5 min room rescue and 2 min hotspots or 15 min in my zone. And a little mess seems to explode with no effort at all at our place.

(The boys and Grandpa had a little excitement though - trying to shoo a stray cat out of the grain truck.)

But I do have to admit that there is a sense of satisfaction in storing food away for the winter... maybe some primeval instinct kicking in. Rory was digging out his own potatoes and I could barely get mine done because every few minutes I heard, "Mom! Look at this one...it's a beauty!" And of course I'd have to go and have a look and ooh and aww over his potatoes. He was convinced that his were much better than mine. LOL