Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Unlikely candidate for speaking to a group of ladies on housecleaning...

We listened to a simulcast with Rick Warren on Sunday. One thing he said was that God will use the troubles in our life to minister to others... much more so than our strengths. I've been thinking of this as I prepared for MOPS. My topic was 'housekeeping' as I was asked to share what I've learned through Flylady. I really did enjoy it and it's true. Sometimes we have to be willing to be honest and vulnerable about the areas we struggle with because inevitably someone else struggles with the same thing.

And I certainly need to be on top of housekeeping these days as I never know what I might be facing when my back is turned. The other day, Paxton dumped out several of my spices including garlic powder, ginger and oregano with several cups of flour to make the mix really fun! It was a wretched combination of smells. But I vacuumed and carpet cleaned and am ready for what he does next. *grin*

No comments: