Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Shift 'er into Neutral, boys!

I mentioned in a comment below that Paxton was sick last evening (he was fine all day today though). This morning Rory said he was "in sick gear". I wondered what on earth he meant by that. Apparently that was his way of saying that he was looking after his little sick brother. He even tried to put his socks on him this morning as we were heading off to MOPS. Somehow Paxton didn't quite enjoy the extra attention.

But the whole thing warmed my heart. And no doubt I should remember that Rory gets 'vehicle' talk and it might be a creative way to communicate. How about this? When I'm desperate for some peace and quiet I should say "Shift 'er into neutral, would ya?" instead of the usual "Guys, you just have to be quiet for awhile" ('so your Mother won't go insane' speech).

No comments: