Sunday, May 16, 2004

Today I listened to the entire message in church today. Rory is doing so well in Sunday School and Paxton fell asleep in the nursery. The only thing I would have wished for was a Bible. I haven't been bringing it lately because I never get to use it but today I missed having it as well as pen and paper to take notes. The sermon text was Matthew 6 (Sermon on the Mount) and was a very good challenge about living out our faith. One statement our pastor made was that we all look for rewards for what we do but do we look for the rewards God would give as opposed to what we try to establish for ourselves? And also that we are living like pagans if we are anxiously running about trying to look out for ourselves. Anyway, I appreciated the reminder that I need to be living out the 'kingdom' in my day to day living.

After church, Rory, Paxton and I headed to McDonald's again. In a little while we'll be heading to town again for a going away dinner with some friends from church. They are moving to Calgary and I will certainly miss them!

No comments: