Thursday, May 27, 2004

Yesterday, Ladger came home just before supper - sick! He finished seeding the spring wheat but just couldn't hang in there any longer to start durum - poor guy. And then later we heard that his dad got sick a couple of hours later that same evening. And I also fell victim to the nasty bug! So Ladger and I weren't into eating supper but I had two hungry boys on my hands. I managed to cook up some rice and put it on the table and left the boys to manage on their own. Rory was great - filled Paxton's bowl and his own; put on some soy sauce; and the two of them were standing on chairs at the table eating away! Yes, Paxton now climbs on top of the kitchen chairs by himself (and can get down on his own too).
I couldn't hang around too much because even the smell of cooked rice was making me ill. But we all survived to tell about it. Ladger is feeling better this morning and off to the field he went. The boys are pretty much back to normal and I'm much better although sticking close to the washroom and still not willing to eat anything. It's beautiful outside so I may see if I can get up the energy to do some work in my flowerbeds later. A little fresh air surely wouldn't hurt the bunch of us!

No comments: