Sunday, May 23, 2004

Today was Sunday and I agreed to play piano. It was also baptism Sunday and three teenagers got baptized and it was really great! Before the service started, Ladger let Rory out of the nursery (where he was with Paxton) to go find a toy he had left in the pew by me - not realizing I had put the toy in the diaper bag and he had it with him. So Rory was standing right in front of the pulpit talking to me very loudly about his toy just as our pastor started to speak to open up the service. I beckoned wildly for him to come to me but he just said (loudly again) that he was going to Sunday School. At this point the pastor said, "Andrea, where are you? Rory wants to preach". Everyone got a laugh as I got out of my seat and went to fetch my little monkey. I took him to the nursery in a big rush hoping the pastor had a enough announcements so I could get back before I was supposed to play piano. My question to Ladger: "What were you thinking?!!!"

No comments: