Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Springtime....Weeding, Eating, Squealing.....

My rotortiller broke a belt! That's a minor calamity for me. I've spent some pretty major hours in the last couple of days weeding our orchard area by hand and it sure is a lot of ground to cover! It takes me at least two days with my rotortiller. You can imagine how many days it'll take me at this rate.

So I worked straight from 7 am to 11 am and then my reward was to join in a ball game and barbecue in Wymark. It was sooooo hot but thankfully there was a breeze and by the evening it was beautiful. It's too bad Ladger is still busy with seeding and is missing out but hopefully we'll continue these through the summer months. I love to see all ages getting together for an informal game of ball. I think it's something we often miss when we get so heavily involved in organized sports.

Rory was getting tired in the heat and no wonder.... when he was out in the field and someone was running bases and we were all shouting , "run", Rory started running the bases too. We all cheered him on and had to laugh at him working so hard when he could have been been taking a break out in outfield waiting for balls to come his way.

And later he tried out a bicycle that belongs to our friends and it was a treat for him to ride on payment. It was funny to see him pedal furiously and squeal as he went by with the sheer delight going at such a smooth fast pace.

He has such a capacity to enjoy things to the fullest and I love that about him!

Paxton, on the other hand, was excited to find some good-sized dump trucks and he played with them content to be left on his own for much of the time. He could play by himself very happily for long stretches of time. So he's really easy to bring to outings like this as well.

Today it's time to go and get my house in some semblance of order. Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you.