Friday, May 12, 2006

What happens when you are competitive but lack skill?

The other day, we joined other families in the area for a softball game and a barbecue afterwards. The game got rained out but not before I got a chance to bat. I swung with all my might and connected but for some reason that ball just doesn't go too far. And so I ran with all my might to first base but I could see that I was losing the battle. You'd think I'd just accept defeat gracefully but oh no! I made a flying leap to the base and made it...flat on my face. Everyone cracked up and maybe me most of all. It was just what I needed after a hard week. Laughter is such a precious gift - even if it's at ourselves!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That'd be me, too! Hey, if I can't win, I'd rather fail *spectacularly*. If you think of it... that's what makes life great, doesn't it? - as long as you're able to laugh and not take yourself too seriously, that is!
Blessings

Andrea said...

*grin* I just knew there had to be more out there like me :-)

G~ said...

Aw...that's not me. I'd rather sit on the bench than show what an uncoordinated goof I am. :( I get embarrassed too easily and not just about falling or failing...I get torn up about not knowing how the doggone games are played!

THAT'S how non-athletic I am!!! Gah!

:\

Andrea said...

Hi G~ - See, you're just the person to play - make those goofs and make the game memorable *grin*