Monday, May 29, 2006

The incredible scent of lilacs!

Our yard is surrounded by these lilacs. It's heavenly to be out there enjoying the scent.....except that it's been raining since Saturday and is supposed to continue for next day or two at least. (By the way, this is the patch I started weeding by hand.) Since the guys were still so busy with seeding, I actually found a replacement belt for the rototiller in town and figured out how to replace it - on my own. Now for it to stop raining long enough for me to get at it.

As for seeding, I wish we could say we are done but there is till a day's worth of wheat to seed as well as a few acres of beans (a bit of an experiment for us). But everything's on hold and so it looks like we're heading to Regina to the science center with our homeschooling group. It should be a fun day!
 Posted by Picasa