Friday, August 18, 2006

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

There must be a hole in our house. We've had such a massive invasion of little black flying insects...the infamous house fly.

I hate the feeling of walking into a room and stirring up a bzzzzzing.
I hate looking at light fixtures and walls and seeing fly crap everywhere.
I hate spending so much time out of my day swatting flies (no matter how nicely the electric fly zapper works).
I love the silence in a room finally rid of bzzzzzzzzzzzing.
I hate the constant vacuuming to remove the carpets of the dead creatures.

So I declared war on the flies in my house. I set out poison in strategic locations on our yard. I bought a large bug zapper that I plug in every evening and leave all night. And then I started washing down walls and started my fall cleaning.

But do you think I've won the war?

Oh No!! Now, I've got the biggest, healthiest, juiciest flies I've ever seen. I mean big, meaty creatures. These little miniature airplanes zoom by my head and I just know they're laughing at me as I cavort around my house to catch every single one. The boys laughed at my antics last night and the only way I could get them to bed was to promise them a similar show tomorrow. Because one thing I'm becoming sure of .....is that tomorrow will continue to provide more of these huge, evasive, scary flies!

Oh and did you want to come over for a cup of coffee? Oh yeah I guess I understand why you wouldn't dare!!

9 comments:

G~ said...

aw, yuck Andrea! i hate that for you cuz i know how bad i hate the feeling myself. makes you wanna scream!

i hope you get the entry point figured out and them buggers blocked out! grr!

in the meantime... um, be careful about eating raisins just willy-nilly, uhkay? ;)

Amie said...

Yuck! Still laughing at the raisin comment though...

Andrea said...

Yeah, I'm thinking of never eating raisins again. uhhhh, thanks G~

Anonymous said...

Do you get those little flies that fly around in a square or rectangle pattern as well? They drive me crazy. The bang bang bang of the big flies against the windows. BREAK THROUGH ALREADY!! :-)

HeyJules said...

I'll take some of your flies if you'll take some of my CRICKETS!

Pilot Mom said...

Andrea, check out this blog...it may help you. Certainly won't hurt! :)
http://gmapam.blogspot.com/2006/05/fly-eyes.html#comments

Andrea said...

Oh what a hoot! Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Living in the country, flies are a whole 'nother thing from us city folk! My sister lives downwind from a feedyard -- let me tell you she does NOT allow flies in her house!!! You never know where that thing had its last meal!

Andrea said...

I have the same sentiment...unfortunately the flies did not cooperate with me. But trust me...they didn't live too long in my house!