Thursday, August 31, 2006

Making the best of Kindergarten...

On Rory's first day of school, I did something that I've been wanting to try since...well, since we stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Quebec that served fresh, homemade croissants for breakfast. I actually did it and was quite pleased with the results. I really had a hard time believing that 'kneading' butter in ice cold water would soften it at all...but lo and behold it worked just like the recipe said it would.

Ladger says he's going to miss harvest because I've been feeding him so well. Isn't the nicest thing for him to say?

Today was Rory's second day of school and I spent the day completely cleaning out the master bedroom and closet. I was thinking I needed more drawer space but I decided that before I would take up more floor space with furniture it was time to be sure my closet was utilized as efficiently as possible. The reward for my hard work is going to be a sitting area in our room instead of an armoire or chest of drawers. Woohoo! I never imagined we would have the space to have that luxury.

No comments: