Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm on a roll...

No one ever told me that cleaning my closets could be fun. But I'm actually enjoying it...the sense of accomplishment is pretty great! Yesterday, after finishing the master bedroom closet, I started on the linen closet. Today, I went to town and bought out Wal-mart's stock of storage cubes (plus some other closet storage accessories) and picked up a trunk I had ordered a couple of weeks ago. The boys had fun 'helping' me put the trunk together and that is now holding blankets and throws that I like to keep handy in the living room (but it's so great to have them off the arms of the couch now).

And then I finished the linen closet while the boys watched "Scooby Doo". And then it was time to tackle the boys room. We gutted it. Everything got reorganized..starting with the closet and then moving furniture around. The boys love their 'new room'. I love it too. In fact I'm becoming a little nuts I'm afraid....I keep opening the doors to rooms and closets and enjoying the view!

Even as I was waiting for the computer to load some pages, I started organizing my desk. This room's next. I'm on a roll....can I keep it up until the house is completely re-organized and cleaned from top to bottom?

9 comments:

Carol said...

Go for it. You are not the only one who is nuts.

...

Walmart? ROFLOL

Andrea said...

Yeah I know, I can't ignore the fact that in our town Wal-mart is the only store that carries certain items. I can't live completely without it *rueful grin*

HeyJules said...

I LOVE it when I get a burst of energy like that. And no, you're not crazy for opening the closet doors and enjoying the view! Go for it and enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

MEME16 said...

good for you and make it fun- think of the things you may find....I have been doing that and making great discoveries- huggles me

Andrea said...

I'm not finding so much treasure but I am giving myself the freedom to throw away...away, away...

You see, Ladger's on the field these days and doesn't know all I'm getting rid of. And that's a good thing *grin*

Amie said...

LOL, I do that too when certain rooms are clean, keep looking at them :D

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go Andrea. It always feels so good so accomplish a huge task. When can you help me with my closets? Just kidding. (but they need it) bjf

Carol said...

"I do that too when certain rooms are clean, keep looking at them."

I also do that with the children! When they are all dressed up!

Lauren said...

i'm jealous... congratulations on your success!