Saturday, September 16, 2006

I forgot how much I like to draw...


I took a little walk down memory lane with my boys this afternoon. No, not pictures....drawings. I took a couple of art classes in drawing and watercolor when I was working in Banff National Park and just have laid it to rest since getting married. It was fun to show them some of the drawings I'd done years ago. This one is one sitting at the Banff Spring Hotel looking at Rundle Mountain. I was with a friend who also enjoyed drawing...it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

I've always thought it would be fun to get back into it. And so I've been on the look-out for something for homeschooling for the boys. But most everything I saw was more arts and crafts rather than drawing technique for kids.

And then a homeschooling mom brought some books she wasn't using to the park where we met one day, and there was the book to get us started. So thanks to this fellow prairie girl, we've started art with the book "ArtThrough Children's Literature". Did I mention I love homeschooling.....

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

Andrea, I can't believe you used to work there! I've ALWAYS wanted to get up north that far and see Banff. If I ever get to go I'm calling you for information!

Love the drawing BTW. Very cool.

Andrea said...

Jules, I would absolutely love to help you out on a trip to Banff - we're planning to head there this fall sometime for a few days. It's one of my favorite places :-)

Thanks Amie!