Sunday, September 03, 2006

Beautiful to be part of a bigger picture...

Ladger is a bona fide introvert. We were having a community church service, barbecue and afternoon of entertainment (games) and that is about the last thing that appeals to him. And since we had broken down Saturday, it didn't take much for him to decide to get that header back up and running as we still have a good portion of harvest to go (and lots of others are finished already...the pressure's on!).

So the question became...what was I going to do? It was either pack up the boys and go feeling a little overwhelmed with managing them on my own or miss out altogether. I went. And I was blessed!

Fourteen churches hosted this event and they included Mennonites, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Anglicans, Baptists, etc I felt I had a little taste of what heaven will be like. And then I came home to find out that the whole service had been aired on the radio that morning and Ladger had listened to it. It was evident that he had been touched by the service as we talked about it and I felt blessed that we could share the experience...even though separately.

4 comments:

Amie said...

It sounds like a really cool gathering! I'm so glad you were able to go, and Ladger was able to get something without going and being uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Ladger sounds exactly like my Tim. Too funny.

Andrea said...

I had to laugh when one guy friend (who is an extrovert) wondered if Ladger had a phobia. No, not fear.. just reluctance to immerse himself in a large group of people. He would have gone if I'd really wanted him to...but I'm learning to just accept that that just isn't his thing.

Pilot Mom said...

Isn't that neat how the Lord allowed you both to experience it together?! Only God could arrange something like that for you two! :)