Sunday, September 24, 2006

It was my turn to lead worship for this Sunday and all week I struggled with not feeling ready to get back into it. I didn't even start putting my team together until Wednesday (which is very unusual for me). Partly it's because harvest is still not over. That snow disappeared but the days have been overcast and wet - and so far harvest is still at a standstill. And my mood seemd to match the days.

So this past Wednesday, I decided I really needed to get out and get together with our homeschooling moms group. It was such a blessing! Once I finally got going, my passion for it kicked in and I really enjoyed preparing for the week (even if I did find out on Friday that I was also responsible for a special music number as well!)

So last night's practice was going well until we got to the hymn "Are You Washed in the Blood" which I'd done a different arrangement for (throwing in some blues chords, etc). Our poor pastor was in his study working on his sermon and had to come out to tell us it sounded all wrong. He was sweet about it. But I was wishing he could explain in better detail what exactly was wrong with it. So we made some changes and hoped for the best.

But here's what was special - it was awesome to get the criticism and honestly not feel bad about it. This morning we were cracking some jokes about it and it felt good - really good. By the way, the service went awesome and that song....well it may not have been anyone's favorite but we had fun singing it anyway! And we worshipped.

No comments: