Monday, August 14, 2006

A Quick Update!

I just got in from mowing the lawn - possible the last time this summer as the grass isn't growing like it did before. I miss the smell of fresh green grass while I'm mowing. Our grass is still green but you know what I mean...that vibrant fresh green of spring.

Now, I'm doing lunch for the bunch and I found out I have to have it at least half an hour earlier than normal so I really have to make my time count this morning. I'll take the grill out to fry up some pork kebobs (I marinated the meat last night) and some rice at the same time. I also have some cheese muffins to take along and some cucumbers to slice up and salt. The only question is dessert. Maybe some chocolate chip cookies would be as easy as anything.

There now, I guess I'm ready to get started.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Yummy menu!!!

Hope you had fun!

Donna

(such a beautiful photo at the top of your blog!)

Curious Servant said...

I stumbled onto your blog and ended up reading all of the unarchived posts.

I enjoyed the peek into Canadian farm life.

Thought I would argue that Oregon strawberries are the best in the world... but then I haven't tried Canadian ones. (But I suspect I'm still right1)

Andrea said...

Hi Donna! It turned out quite well although it was the first meal I've done out on the field this season so I was a little more harried than usual trying to pull it all together (making sure I had everything but the kitchen sink) *grin*

And curious servant, I'll just have to come to Oregon sometime and check it out for myself :-)