Tuesday, October 12, 2004

We have neighbors with cows on three sides of us and I don't have a single complaint - but oh, the flies. Every day I find myself swatting a bunch of them and they just keep on coming. I have to continually wash walls and windows, and vacuum up the dead and dying because I don't want any evidence of them in my sight. The scary thing is that it's almost becoming a sport at our house - yesterday I was excited when I got four in one swat. And Paxton is getting into the spirit of things (Oh yeah, I'm always washing the fly swatter too). He smacks at flies with his hand if he doesn't have the swatter. I've tried vacuuming them up but while it doesn't leave the mess, I would need a bagless one that I just dump out; they just escape out of the vacuum cleaner and visit me again. Anyway, if that's my biggest problem.........
Actually it wasn't my biggest problem. Last night Paxton threw up a few times before bedtime so he and I camped out in the living room for the night. So far no one else has shown any symptoms and Paxton seems fine today. I'm a little more tired today but there is a bright spot in kids being sick - they just want to cuddle and so I held Paxton most of the evening and into the night. He finally went to sleep and was fine after 2 am. The living room looked unbelievable though. I had medicine, extra clothes for me, extra clothes for Paxton, every extra blanket I could find, medicine, extra pillows, face cloths, etc, etc so I wouldn't be disturbing Ladger or Rory in the night. Turned out I didn't need most of it! Rory thought he was missing out on the fun and at 3 am came with his pillow and blanket to join the ranks. I sent him on to our room where he spent the rest of the night with Ladger.

No comments: