Friday, October 08, 2004

Yesterday was quite the day. It was my first day teaching at the school and it was really great to be back at it. Acoustic Guitar 2 Meanwhile, harvest is going full tilt and they had to make do without Ladger's mom driving truck (she was looking after the boys). So once I got home, I picked up the boys so she could start trucking again and made a bag lunch for Ladger and drove it out to the field without intending to stay. But Ladger encouraged me to visit for awhile so I got the boys into the combine along with myself while Ladger was unloading grain into a truck. And off we went. In all the ruckus of getting settled in a tight space and in all the talking (of which I was probably the most guilty), Ladger forgot to swing the auger back into place so it was sticking straight out at a 90 degree angle and as we went around a power pole........
schmuck!
Custom Smiley

It was a very sickening feeling as we drove the combine home to assess the damage. So Ladger started phoning about replacement parts and the main piece we needed was not available at our local dealer and with a long weekend coming up, we were concerned. A bit later, the dealer called back to say he'd located the part at a dealership in a town south and east of us by about an hour's drive. So off Ladger went and picked up the part that evening and didn't get back 'til fairly late. This morning he put it back together and he just drove off to the field. I can see him unloading into a truck from where I sit. Cheerleader Obviously it's working and all systems are go. We really didn't lose a lot of time considering the extent of the damage and we're feeling so blessed that it all worked out in the end.






No comments: