Saturday, October 30, 2004

This morning Ladger and I headed to church for a church membership class. It was really awesome! Smile
And then as it was 12:30, we figured we may as well eat in town as no doubt the boys would be half way through their meal with Grandma and Grandpa. Ladger was in a hurry because he wanted to basically go home and jump straight on the combine.

So all was going well until I walked in the door to pick up the boys and found things in an uproar. Rory had picked up the ear infection that Paxton had a few days ago and had a fever. Sick In Bed
I suspected it might develop but as he was fine this morning, I wasn't too uncomfortable leaving them. But my m-i-l really worries when the boys pick up the least thing and she was wanting me to head straight to the hospital and meanwhile I'm trying to assess how bad things really are. Meanwhile, she had cooked dinner for Ladger and I (without mentioning it) and so they were still waiting for us to come home to eat (1:30 pm). So everything was in a bit of a flap. I got the boys home, gave Rory some Tylenol and had quite a time settling him down as he was crying that he had to go to the doctor. I can just imagine how scared he must have been with Grandma telling us how sick he was, how he likely had something like Typhoid and how we needed to rush him to the doctor,etc, etc. And she gets upset with me because in her opinion I don't dress the boys warm enough, I don't take them to the hospital often enough, I made Rory walk home when he was feeling so sick and so on. I couldn't carry Rory because I was already carrying Paxton and I'm a big believer in fresh air being a good healthy thing anyway. He felt better by the time we got home (except upset about needing to go to the doctor) and started playing with toys as soon as we got in and he settled down a bit. Anyhow, now my boys are fast asleep and it's time for me to get at some work until they get up and need me once again. Being a Mom has its trying moments!Spinnng






No comments: