Sunday, February 27, 2005

Help!!



A void
So deep; so empty
It silently fills my heart so there's simply no room
No room for anything but bare emptiness
Not the emptiness that begs to be filled
But an emptiness that demands all
And gives nothing in return

A love
So deep; so full
It silently fills my heart 'til there's simply no room
No room for anything that is bare emptiness
It's a fullness that begs to be emptied
A fullness that demands nothing
But gives everything in return


When I see anything in verse form (like the above), I have to force myself to read it. For a gal who loves to read, why do I steer away from poetry so much? So this is my new ambition - to introduce myself to poetry and find out what I'm missing. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to start? I've noticed many bloggers love to post a bit of poetry now and then. I'd love to appreciate it instead of hurriedly skipping through it to get to the good stuff - LOL!

No comments: