Friday, February 18, 2005

Too much candy for supper!


I love farming.

We are slightly archaic compared to other businesses in some regards like:

I don't know of many companies that hand-deliver their payments for bills each month. Rory came along with me today and I let him go in and deliver the checks while I stood by the door. Businesses in a small town are great (almost everyone recognizes Rory and I as well as Ladger) and everywhere we went, Rory got some kind of treat. Today his haul included cinnamon candy hearts, lifesavers, mini Oh Henry chocolate bar and M&M's. He got out to the car after our last stop and said he had too much candy for supper!

Just one thought - maybe it's easy to see one little reason why I'm not too enthused about enrolling Rory in public school. How many trips to pay bills would he miss? How many times would he not get to be involved in farming in the way he can be now? Many kids wouldn't have the opportunity to work alongside Dad, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa but we have that opportunity and I wouldn't like for him to miss out. Homeschooling is sounding better all the time
:-)

No comments: