Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Online Interview


Kim at The Upward Call asked me these questions as an online interview. If you would like to participate, note the instructions below.

Have you always lived on a farm?

I grew up in New Brunswick in a logging community. Dad worked at a pulp and paper mill but he would have loved farming. I remember having some cows and some pigs and I remember Dad saying he'd love to drive through Canada and visit with farmers in the prairies. Little did I imagine I'd marry one.

What is the most challenging thing living on a farm here in Canada?

The weather - we have such a small window of opportunity to grow a crop with a high risk of early frosts in the fall which can severely affect the quality of our crop - let alone years that are too dry, too wet, too many grasshoppers, etc.

Would you ever run for public office?

I am passionate about politics and would love to be involved but that may be precisely why I wouldn't - I doubt I'd be cool and collected enough for that .

I know you play the piano; do you play other instruments ?

I love to play guitar as well - I haven't played too many years yet but I'll pick up the guitar to play when I have a free moment much sooner than the piano (mostly 'cause it's still so challenging for me)

What is one of your biggest pet peeves?

Toys on my kitchen floor. I'm certain I'm going to break my neck sometime when I'm in a rush to get dinner on the table with toys under my feet tripping me up.

Now here's yur chance:

Here are your instructions. The first five to comment asking will be participants:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some :o)