Saturday, October 08, 2005

A day of mishaps and strange events...

Today was a strange day. I had planned to stay home all day and maybe I should have.... But it's the start of a long holiday weekend and we ran out of diesel this morning. We had enough for today but not for the next couple of days. So I quickly changed and took Ladger's lunch out to the field so I could go to town directly from there. And then a friend called wanting to borrow a playpen. So it was no problem to drop that off on the way.

A few minutes before I got there, I hit a dog that had chased my car so many times when I was zipping along there. This time I was going slower so I wouldn't miss the house and sure enough I hit the crazy dog. By the time I turned around and went back, there was no sign of him. My friends had a good idea whose dog it was so they'll phone for me and check it out.

And then it was on to town which was uneventful except that my shirt was irritating me for some reason....and then I realized it was on backwards! There's a little bow that's supposed to be off to one side on the collar only now it's sitting on my back shoulder. And the tag is irritating my neck in front. Surely other harried housewives have done the same thing now and then. You'll make my day if you 'fess up and make me feel just a little less pathetic. *grin*

And then I was heading to the truck to head home and a guy walked by me and held out a bag. I asked, "What is it?" And he said, "Oh, just some treats for you and your kids if you'd like". So I thanked him and took the bag. Inside was a bag of chips, a coke and two chocolate bars. That doesn't happen every day (good thing or I'd be a blimp). It's a funny thing these days - it feels very strange to accept something from a stranger without secondguessing and questioning. But for whatever reason he wanted to give away a treat, Paxton and I enjoyed a little snack on the way home.