Thursday, November 11, 2004

The irony and the journey....

I've been surfing around on a few different blogs via Blog Explosion and I have to laugh at the irony of those who complain about housewives writing about their 'trivial' lives and being inappropriate enough to clog up the blogosphere when there are so many more valuable blogs (like their own presumably) that merit being read. I do not apologize for my part in this just as I do not apologize for my existence on the earth. I really do not expect anyone to be vitally interested in all the details of my day but it is invaluable to me to record it because it is personally important and it is a vehicle for sharing my personal life with friends and relatives who do not live close by. And the bonus is that I've met some really great people, some of whom are becoming friends as we share experiences; laugh, cry and even pray together.

However I have been thinking that I really want to expand my writing to include more philosophy. That sounds heady but how we think determines our values and our belief system influences everything about our lives. That's why getting into big debates on my blog does not interest me too much - not because I don't like debating but because most of the time it never develops into anything more than surface back-and-forth bickering that never examines the real issues. When I read most debates on the blog it is evident that neither party is going to give an inch and the best that can result is to 'agree to disagree'. I've also read many bloggers describe their blogs as being philosophical but I've yet to run into any philosophical terms like existentialism or pluralism, etc. Most of it is really just sharing opinions. So I want to use my blogspace as a chance to examine the philosophy that colors my world. Are you up for the journey with me?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »