Monday, November 08, 2004

Last evening we watched "Spiderman" and quite enjoyed it. This morning Rory was Spiderman, I was the Green Monster and Paxton was the girl - lol. Rory carting Paxton around and trying to keep him from me was quite funny.

Thumbs UpLadger went combining and if all goes well, TODAY will be our LAST DAY!!! I went a little nuts Saturday because I was involved in a MOPS fundraising supper and I was supposed to be helping from 3:30 - 5:00 without kids and then Ladger was going to bring the boys for supper and then I was going to be off to a worship team practice starting at 6:30 pm (half an hour drive) while Ladger watched the boys. But on Friday I realized this wasn't going to happen because all of a sudden Ladger's been able to put in longer days (for awhile he was lucky to get in 2 hours before it got too tough) and he wouldn't be around all day. So I went to the supper with the boys and it went better than expected but I had to rush away to drive Rory out to the field so he could stay with Ladger while I took Paxton to practice. Of course Ladger was in the farthest corner of the field and I had to drive a mile on the field to get to him. It took me half an hour out of my way and then Ladger tells me he's on his way home in a little bit because it was getting too tough and I had to change plans again. There was no sense in taking Paxton to town with me if Ladger was coming home soon so I hoped Ladger's mom could watch Paxton until Ladger came home and so that's what we did. However, by then, I was running late and really had to hurry to make it to town in time for practice. And there was no one there (which was a bit of a relief and concern at the same time). I quickly started to setup and it wasn't long before the rest of the team showed up except the drummer who had forgotten. Insane After all that - the practice went great! But I CAN'T WAIT for Harvest to be DONE and I can get back to some consistency in my life! I happened to be sitting next to another MOPS farmer widow at supper and she and I could relate perfectly at how stressful it can be at times being married to a farmer just because of the constant uncertainty in scheduling. Who would have thought that making commitments in November would be made difficult because we'd still be combining?






No comments: