Friday, July 22, 2005

Busy Days...

This week was busy. First of all, every morning we hosted a 5 day club and had 11 kids by the end of the week (including my boys). It was great to have such nice weather for the whole week. And... Rory asked Jesus into his life on Wednesday as he and I were working through the lesson from the day before.

Wednesday evening I went to splurge club and had a nice evening out with some girl friends.

Thursday, Ladger and I left the boys with Grandma and Grandpa and went to the annual customer appreciation event at our local fertilizer supplier (Wiens Agritec). First the guys went on a crop tour and while they talked farming, ladies went for an afternoon of pampering. I enjoyed the works: a pedicure, manicure, massage and jacuzzi. When the guys got back, we boarded the bus and headed to SaskLanding. We enjoyed four holes of golf (most of the ladies had golfed very little if at all - so it was pretty funny). I loved it and would love to take it up sometime. And then we headed back to a huge tent and enjoyed a 'redneck barb-b-q'. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the live band. And then quite a few couples played a round of mini-golf while enjoying the music and the beautiful evening. Things wrapped up with fireworks and we headed on the bus for home.

So the next few days will be busy as I get ready for our trip to Toronto for my cousin's wedding. Last night the boys did well staying overnight at Grandma's for the first time and so I'm feeling a bit better about leaving them for a few days. In no time at all summer will be half over and that is just hard to believe!

Technorati tag: